https://DianeRidpathArt.blogspot.com

**CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT.**

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Blaye Park in September

9 x 12 Pastel on Wallace paper
When I stayed at No. 16 Bed and Breakfast in Blaye, France, I had a view of this pretty little park that was across the street from my bedroom window. This is one part of the "U" shaped path that curves through the park. This is a very lovely, peaceful park. I sometimes took a book and sat on a bench to read. The teenagers gathered there during what I think was a 2-hr lunch period every day. They would get off their school bus (that looked like our city bus), wander the town or hang out in the park, then get back on the bus and return to school. They were not a rowdy group of kids. The park was still peaceful with them there.

6 comments:

laura1952 said...

Diane

I really do love your work. You have come along way from a single object pastel.

The Citadel is so beautiful as is the Park. You can feel the serenity of peace from them both.

The orange trees look like they were a sight to see for sure.

Thanks again for sending me the link again. Now I have it in my favourites.

Laura

Unknown said...

Hey Girl!!! All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm gone for a while and I come back to a blast of work by an "artiste" :) These are outstanding work, I agree with Laura. You have come a loooong way!! Godd to see ya!
Tres

Diane Ridpath said...

Hey Tres! Where the heck have you been?! Missed you! Thanks! I'm glad you like them. That means a lot coming from an "artiste" way more talented than I.
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, you really took off with the pastels, didn't you? They look great. I lost my email contacts, otherwise I would have checked back with you. I'll try to find your email on this site, if not I'm now:
reddingcanvas@frontiernet.net
I got my website up with a lot of help from a neighbor! Here it is if you have time:
http://www.customcovers4you.com/

Ruthieann

Anonymous said...

Oh MY Word....you are a professional. I'm kinda backing into the corner now with my funky little paintings. Your work is GORGeous.

Diane Ridpath said...

Your "funky little paintings", as you call them, are adorable. That's what I'm going to start doing. More light-hearted and fun. The most important part is that we enjoy it.

Thank you! You're sweet. I'm glad you like them.