https://DianeRidpathArt.blogspot.com

**CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT.**

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cafe Roussi

10x15 Canson Mi-Tientes Paper

Sometimes when you're working from a photo, you have to take a little artistic license and adjust it a bit. This photo had a fairly large tree right in the middle of the picture that I felt was a little distracting. There were also several more chairs, pretty much tossed into each other like you might find when people are finished eating and leave their chairs about. I thought it pretty much looked like a jumbled mess, so I took a few of them out as well. Anyway, this is the finished result. My third pastel--I'm liking pastel a lot, but have yet to attempt a portrait.

3 comments:

Ruthie-ann said...

Lookin good! How'd you get all the detail? What types of pastels are you using? I scrapped my last attemp, but restarted it - another portrait. I also bought a larger piece of Mi-Tientes paper, so I'm going to go bigger. I still haven't tried the sandpaper. Too many things!

Eric Wilson said...

HI Diane,

Great site! ..and nice to see you growing in confidence with each pastel. I'm looking forward to seeing you attempt a portrait! Pastels are wonderful for portaiture. Go for it!

Eric.

Diane Ridpath said...

Thank you very much Eric. Coming from a professional artist, that is quite a compliment! Your work is fantastic!!!