https://DianeRidpathArt.blogspot.com

**CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT.**

Monday, May 01, 2006

Purple and Blue

Pastel, 9x11 Sandpaper

This is the reworked piece. I've added a bit of detail. It's 9x10 on sanded paper. The florals are fun to do because no two flowers look alike, so it's not as critical as portraits. Three things I've learned from this project: 1) If you're using a picture as your subject, make sure it's large enough, 2) Patience, patience, patience, and 3) Sometimes I overblend; it's okay to leave a little chalk on top. :) Hopefully, these little projects are great learning experiences.

7 comments:

laura1952 said...

Awesome work Diane. Heck, that would look great in my bedroom. I love the colours of it. It looks so alive and refreshing.

Laura

Diane Ridpath said...

Thanks a million Laura. So glad you like it!

laura1952 said...

Diane

I really do love how you detailed this even more.

You made a comment about how you should have done this in the first place. Well, if you had, then you would not have had lessons learned from both yourself and from Tres!

Heck they both would look great at my place. Love the Stargazer too. I could just do my whole bedroom in these and wake up to my own private garden that lives!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Queen,
This is beautiful I like the color combinations they just POP! and the water drops look great. Your comments are great, I'm terrible about that over blending thing myself! This is inspiring, I really have to get back to my art soon. Thanks for sharing.
Tori

Anonymous said...

Queen,
This is beautiful I like the color combinations they just POP! and the water drops look great. Your comments are great, I'm terrible about that over blending thing myself! This is inspiring, I really have to get back to my art soon. Thanks for sharing.
Tori

Anonymous said...

Diane
You do such wonderful work, the flowers look so real like a photo. I can't drawn stick people.... Thanks of sharing them with us...............
Josie

Anonymous said...

Diane
You do awesome work, this looks like a photo. I can't draw stick people........lol All your pic are great thank you for sharing with us,
Josie